FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. (WNCN) — A major car crash in Fayetteville Monday left a woman dead and closed part of a road for hours, police said.
The incident was reported around 4:45 p.m. on Pamalee Drive near Cora Lee Drive, according to a news release from Fayetteville police.
Police said the wreck happened as a 2000 Infiniti I30 was traveling east on Pamalee Drive when the driver lost control and crossed into oncoming traffic. The Infiniti was then hit by a 2014 Toyota Sienna minivan traveling west on Pamalee Drive, the news release said.
The car’s driver, Jacquelyn Long, 53, of Fayetteville, was taken to Cape Fear Valley Medical Center in critical condition and was transferred to UNC-Chapel Hill. Long later died, police said.
The minvan had three children and two adults inside, but they were not hurt.
Two lanes of Pamalee Drive were closed until about 9:45 p.m.
Anyone with information regarding the traffic crash is asked to contact Officers with the Fayetteville Police Department’s Traffic Unit at (910) 433-1807.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Childress, Wake Forest beat Boston College 80-62
- Motorcyclist dies after crashing into car on I-40 near Jones Sausage Road in Raleigh
- NC man charged with trafficking opioids, meth; bond set at $1 million
- Various groups expected as participants in Virginia gun rights rally on Monday
- Manhunt underway after 2 killed, 5 more injured in shooting at Texas club
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now