FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. (WNCN) – A 17-year-old boy was killed following a crash Monday afternoon in Fayetteville, police said.
Officers responded to a crash near Bonanza Drive and Foxfire Road at about 2:10 p.m. Monday. Investigators determined a 1994 Plymouth sedan was traveling on Foxfire Road when it ran off the road, collided with a tree, and rolled over, a news release said.
The driver, 82-year-old Patricia Bruton, and passenger, 17-year-old Justin Becker, were taken to Cape Fear Valley Medical Center. Becker died at the hospital, the release said.
Both their addresses were listed along the 6000-block of Bonnie Bell Lane in Fayetteville. Fayetteville police spokesperson Sgt. Jeremy Glass confirmed the two lived together and said that Becker was Bruton’s grandson.
Officers are investigating the crash.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Vigil held in Durham for slain Texas soldier Vanessa Guillen
- Man charged in shooting that killed boy at Alabama mall
- Teen dirt-bike rider killed at NC interstate off-ramp
- 19 taken to hospitals after tree falls on garage during child’s birthday party
- NC group angered by removal of statues displays giant Confederate flag along I-40
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now