GRAYS CREEK, N.C. (WNCN) — Two people died and a third was hospitalized after a shooting in Cumberland County late Saturday night, deputies say.
The incident was reported around 11:30 p.m. near the intersection of Ajax and Tower drives in the Grays Creek community, according to Sgt. Patrice Bogertey with Cumberland County Sheriff’s Office.
Two males died from wounds they suffered during the shooting, which took place south of Fayetteville.
A female was injured and was taken to a nearby hospital for treatment, Bogertey said.
The female is expected to recover from her wounds, according to deputies.
Bogertey said that all three who were shot were “familiar with” the suspects in the deadly shooting.
Names and ages of the victims were not available.
Authorities did not release information about possible suspects.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Haunted Hills Terror Drive promises socially distanced scares
- Former Blue Bell president charged with trying to cover up 2015 Listeria contamination of ice cream
- Blue Bell Ice Cream holiday favorite returns to grocery freezer aisles
- Coronavirus vaccine: When will it be ready and will it be safe?
- 5 questions we have ahead of Thursday’s final Trump-Biden debate
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now