GRAYS CREEK, N.C. (WNCN) — Two people died and a third was hospitalized after a shooting in Cumberland County late Saturday night, deputies say.
The incident was reported around 11:30 p.m. near the intersection of Ajax and Tower drives in the Grays Creek community, according to Sgt. Patrice Bogertey with Cumberland County Sheriff’s Office.
Two males died from wounds they suffered during the shooting, which took place south of Fayetteville.
A female was injured and was taken to a nearby hospital for treatment, Bogertey said.
The female is expected to recover from her wounds, according to deputies.
Bogertey said that all three who were shot were “familiar with” the suspects in the deadly shooting.
Names and ages of the victims were not available.
Authorities did not release information about possible suspects.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Two men charged for moving barricades to gain access to SC beach
- SC senate candidate, bulletproof vest charity CEO charged with incest, rape
- AMBER Alert update: Tampa police arrest triple homicide suspect from Georgia
- Trump: federal PPE stockpile nearly depleted
- Woman injured in overnight Raleigh apartment fire, two displaced
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now