FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. (WNCN) – Two men were arrested for a weekend murder in Fayetteville, police said Thursday.
Antonio Lamel Murchison, 26, was arrested in Bladen County. Eric Christopher Bennett, 33, was arrested in Warsaw. Both were charged with first-degree murder and booked into the Cumberland County Detention Center on no bond, a news release said.
Donovan Butler, 25, of Fayetteville, was shot during a “large gathering” early Sunday morning along the 1900 block of Pavilion Drive. He died at Cape Fear Valley Medical Center from his injuries, police said.
Fayetteville police worked with the North Carolina State Bureau of Investigation, the Bladen County Sheriff’s Office, and Warsaw police.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- VIDEO: Russian planes fly close to US jet for more than 1 hour over Mediterranean Sea
- Man with torch disrupted outdoor church service in NC mountains, deputies say
- Victim remains in coma 3 months after career day plane crash in Cumberland County
- NC woman wanted on murder charge following man’s fentanyl death
- Storm reveals mystery shipwreck at Utah’s Great Salt Lake