FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. (WNCN) – Two men were arrested for a weekend murder in Fayetteville, police said Thursday.
Antonio Lamel Murchison, 26, was arrested in Bladen County. Eric Christopher Bennett, 33, was arrested in Warsaw. Both were charged with first-degree murder and booked into the Cumberland County Detention Center on no bond, a news release said.
Donovan Butler, 25, of Fayetteville, was shot during a “large gathering” early Sunday morning along the 1900 block of Pavilion Drive. He died at Cape Fear Valley Medical Center from his injuries, police said.
Fayetteville police worked with the North Carolina State Bureau of Investigation, the Bladen County Sheriff’s Office, and Warsaw police.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- No. 6 Duke comes up short against No. 8 Michigan State
- Man dies after he’s found shot in car in Durham, police say
- Body found in NC mountains believed to be murdered man; 2 facing charges
- NC man charged with having explosive device is eligible for release after court hearing
- CDC to shorten recommended COVID-19 quarantine days