FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. (WNCN) – Cumberland County health officials reported three more deaths associated with the coronavirus outbreak. Two of the people who died were residents at the N.C. State Veterans Nursing Home, a news release said.
One patient was in their 90s and the other was in their 80s. The facility has had seven people die because of COVID-19 complications.
The third death — which brings the county’s total to 23 — was a person in their 50s.
“We are so saddened with this news and extend our deepest sympathies to the families and friends who have lost loved ones,” said Health Director Dr. Jennifer Green.
The Cumberland County Health Department collected 81 testing samples on Tuesday and Wednesday during a mobile clinic at Manna Church on Cliffdale Road. More testing will be held on June 2 and 3.
Testing is by appointment only. A self evaluation is required and appointments can be made through the county’s portal.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Portion of Cedar Creek Road in Fayetteville closed due to crash, avoid area
- 1st NC case of new COVID-19 variant detected in Charlotte area
- Teen describes torture and attempt on his life during Grindr date
- Man wounded in shooting along Holloway St. in Durham
- No. 13 Virginia rallies past Georgia Tech, 64-62