FATYETTEVILLE, N.C. (WNCN) – Three teenagers were arrested in connection with a string of violent robberies in the Fayetteville area, police announced Wednesday.
Police said Wednesday afternoon that two of them had been arrested before announcing the third arrest later in the evening.
The three teens — ages 14, 16, and 17 — are believed to be responsible for eight different robberies. Four vehicles and multiple weapons have been recovered, police said.
The first incident happened in October. Police said a woman was shot and had her car stolen from an apartment parking lot.
The trio is facing several charges including robbery, kidnapping, and attempted first-degree murder. One of them is also charged with a September murder, police said.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Funeral plans announced for Horry County officer killed near Myrtle Beach
- 2 taken to hospital after shooting in Cumberland County, sheriff says
- New Jersey causes stir by making smokers eligible for COVID-19 vaccine
- Fake drugs? Substance found in car from police auction was initially believed to be $300K in heroin
- Capitol riot arrests: What we know about these notable suspects