FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. (WNCN) — Three men — two of which had guns — used a fake story to get a man to open a motel room door and rob him in November, Fayetteville police said Friday.
The incident was reported around 2 a.m. on Nov. 10, 2019, at the Quality Inn along the 2900 block of Sigman Street, according to a news release from Fayetteville police.
The police said, “one of the suspects knocked on the victim’s hotel room door and said a family member of the victim asked him to go by and check on the victim.”
However, the suspect left and returned several minutes later — again knocking on the victim’s motel door.
“The victim opened the door where two suspects pointed handguns at the victim and forced him back into the hotel room,” the news release said.
The suspects stole cash and property from the victim.
Fayetteville detectives are asking for help identifying the suspects involved in a personal robbery.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Police: Suspect in Goldsboro nightclub shooting on the run, considered ‘armed and dangerous’
- Report: Carolina Panthers moving forward with Cam Newton as starting quarterback
- Indiana lawmakers consider bill that would allow children as young as 12 to be tried as adults
- Marine veteran holds plank for over 8 hours, setting Guinness World Record
- Garner woman beat her husband to death with a baseball bat, police say
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now