FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. (WNCN) — A Fayetteville woman is facing child abuse charges after four children under 8 were found walking in a road Saturday a half-mile from their home, police say.
The incident was reported Saturday around noon when the four children, ages 8, 6, 5 and 2, were found “walking in the road,” according to Fayetteville police.
Residents near the 600 block of Pritchett Road called in the incident to police, according to officers and an arrest report.
When police arrived, the woman showed up at the scene and was taken into custody, police said.
Venaysia Schaquetta Sinclair, 27, of the 6100 block of Hilco Drive, was charged with four misdemeanor counts of child abuse.
She was held on a $1,000 unsecured bond.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Package containing ricin and addressed to Trump intercepted by law enforcement
- Massachusetts man puts up electric fence to protect Trump campaign sign
- Second stimulus checks: Where we stand after Trump’s push for new direct payments
- ‘My sister is a fighter’ – NC domestic violence victim survives being shot in face
- Disabled Durham veteran’s wheelchair ramp destroyed by drunk driver, police say
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now