FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. (WNCN) – A family was displaced after a small bedroom fire ignited an apartment in Fayetteville, the local fire department said.
The Fayetteville Fire Department responded to 124 Ridgeway Drive at 10 a.m. Saturday and found a small fire in a second-floor bedroom.
There was no visible fire or smoke upon arrival, but units were able to quickly locate the fire and put it out, the department release said. They said the damage of the fire is approximately $5,000.
Fire officials later said the people displaced are a family of a mother and her two daughters, one a teen and the other a pre-teen. A fourth person at the apartment when the fire broke out was a visitor.
Those who were displaced have been moved into another unit in the apartment complex.