FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. (WNCN) – Three “young adults” and a pilot were injured in a plane crash on Monday during an aviation careers day program near Fayetteville, county officials said.
Three participants in a Workforce Development program and a pilot were injured during the crash at Cape Fear Aviation, located at 7154 Butler Nursery Rd.
The four were identified as:
- Jacob Parsons, 19, of Fayetteville
- Dominique Northcutt, 23, of Fayetteville
- Justin Elliot, 24, of Linden
- Vanessa Leal, 18, of Falcon
One of the passengers on board was the grandson of the Chief of the Gray’s Creek Fire Department, officials tell CBS 17.
Those injured were transported to Cape Fear Valley Medical Center. The extent of their injuries were not released
The North Carolina State Highway Patrol is on scene and investigating.
“Our thoughts and prayers are with the four young adults injured in today’s accident,” Cumberland County officials said in a release.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Durham County Commissioners approve $1.6M deal to house homeless at Marriott-RTP
- Divers recover body of teen who drowned at Falls Lake
- Chatham County woman wanted mother in nursing home tested, told no
- Woman accused of licking $1,800 worth of items at California grocery store arrested on felony charge
- Nearly half of Moore County nursing home residents tests positive for COVID-19