FORT BRAGG, N.C (WNCN) — Fort Bragg officials on Saturday reported the fourth COVID-19 case on the base.
On Friday, two cases were reported, including a dental medical professional at Womack Army Medical Center. The other Friday case was a soldier’s dependent.
The fourth case of COVID-19 is also the dependent of an active-duty service member, according to a news release from Fort Bragg officials.
The dependent is in their mid-20s and the person’s gender was not provided. The dependent recently traveled out of state.
The dependent and service member are both in isolation at their residence on Fort Bragg, officials said.
“Womack Army Medical Center’s Department of Public Health is investigating where these individuals may have had contact with people and will notify any contacts who fall under the guidelines for additional monitoring and testing,” the news release said.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Two men charged for moving barricades to gain access to SC beach
- SC senate candidate, bulletproof vest charity CEO charged with incest, rape
- AMBER Alert update: Tampa police arrest triple homicide suspect from Georgia
- Trump: federal PPE stockpile nearly depleted
- Woman injured in overnight Raleigh apartment fire, two displaced
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now