FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. (WNCN) – Five people were displaced from their Fayetteville home following a fire Tuesday morning, according to a news release from the Fayetteville Fire Department.
The fire was reported around 1 p.m. along the 7200 block of Spring Water Court. Battalion Chief Brian Mims said the fire spread from the fireplace into the chimney and then into the attic. Five people and three pets escaped unharmed.
“With the season coming about and the cold temperatures approaching, it is extremely important to make sure that everything that you’re doing to stay warm has proper ventilation inspections and there’s nothing there to cause additional damage or harm.”
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Holly Springs officer transporting prisoner involved in pileup on US 1
- 6 Fort Bragg pilots to perform helicopter flyover before Army-Navy game
- 2 killed in multi-vehicle wreck in Fayetteville
- Police: Man wearing blonde wig, high heels, on the run after robbing NC bank
- Liquid meth found inside transmission fluid, coolant containers
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now