FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. (WNCN) – Five people were displaced from their Fayetteville home following a fire Tuesday morning, according to a news release from the Fayetteville Fire Department.
The fire was reported around 1 p.m. along the 7200 block of Spring Water Court. Battalion Chief Brian Mims said the fire spread from the fireplace into the chimney and then into the attic. Five people and three pets escaped unharmed.
“With the season coming about and the cold temperatures approaching, it is extremely important to make sure that everything that you’re doing to stay warm has proper ventilation inspections and there’s nothing there to cause additional damage or harm.”
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- $11.5 million in grants awarded to coastal NC for Hurricane Florence damage
- 2 dead after Navy plane crashes in Alabama neighborhood
- NC woman charged with murder after Davison County baby dies following methadone exposure
- 19-year-old killed, 14-year-old injured after shooting in Robeson County
- 2 dead in Alabama naval aircraft crash
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now