FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. (WNCN) – Five people were displaced from their Fayetteville home following a fire Tuesday morning, according to a news release from the Fayetteville Fire Department.
The fire was reported around 1 p.m. along the 7200 block of Spring Water Court. Battalion Chief Brian Mims said the fire spread from the fireplace into the chimney and then into the attic. Five people and three pets escaped unharmed.
“With the season coming about and the cold temperatures approaching, it is extremely important to make sure that everything that you’re doing to stay warm has proper ventilation inspections and there’s nothing there to cause additional damage or harm.”
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Shooting victim walks into Raleigh hospital, investigation underway
- NC has hundreds of thousands of COVID-19 vaccine doses in freezers, state info indicates
- Duke hangs on to beat Georgia Tech, ending 3-game skid
- Pregnant women should not take Moderna vaccine, WHO advises
- Durham officials still sorting out details of February mass COVID-19 vaccination event