FORT BRAGG, N.C. (WNCN) – An 82nd Airborne soldier’s overdose death is under investigation, officials confirmed to CBS 17.
Fort Bragg confirmed Tuesday the death of Pvt. Zayvier Clay, 19.
The time of Clay’s death was not immediately available.
“Our paratroopers are the lifeblood of this division and any loss is felt across our formation,” said Lt. Col. Mike Burns.
Fayetteville police said Clay’s death is being ruled as an overdose.
Fayetteville police said a woman at the scene where the overdose happened was arrested on an unrelated warrant.
CBS 17 will update this story as it develops.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Granville County sheriff suspended following felony obstruction indictment
- Spam introduces limited-edition pumpkin spice flavor
- North Carolina airports to receive $17 million in infrastructure funding
- NC deputies investigating fatal crossbow shooting
- 2019 Starry Night Walk at Dorothea Dix will raise money to cure childhood brain tumors