FORT BRAGG, N.C. (WNCN) – An 82nd Airborne soldier’s overdose death is under investigation, officials confirmed to CBS 17.
Fort Bragg confirmed Tuesday the death of Pvt. Zayvier Clay, 19.
The time of Clay’s death was not immediately available.
“Our paratroopers are the lifeblood of this division and any loss is felt across our formation,” said Lt. Col. Mike Burns.
Fayetteville police said Clay’s death is being ruled as an overdose.
Fayetteville police said a woman at the scene where the overdose happened was arrested on an unrelated warrant.
CBS 17 will update this story as it develops.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Blitz High School Football Scoreboard | Playoff semifinals
- Leesville Road ends Wake Forest’s 3 years of domination, advances to 1st state championship game
- Cardinal Gibbons downs Scotland, earns spot in state championship game
- Slain UPS driver’s family questions police response to chase after truck hijacked
- Actor Ron Leibman dead at 82; starred in ‘Norma Rae’ with Sally Field