FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. (WNCN) — Fayetteville Police say a man is now in custody after being barricaded inside a home and engaging in a shootout with officers.
Authorities say officers were responding to a domestic disturbance in the 300 block of Kimberwicke Drive, which is in the Greystone Farms neighborhood. This is in north Fayetteville, east of U.S. 401 and just north of 295.
An armed person was barricaded inside a home.
Upon arrival, officers heard gunshots. The suspect fired shots at officers and officers returned fire, according to police.
No officers were injured.
Authorities say the suspect is being treated for injuries sustained during the incident.
The State Bureau of Investigation is taking over the investigation.
- Chapel Hill author shares ways to find joy in your life
- Walmart expands closing times for majority of stores
- Trial set for woman charged in connection with Vanessa Guillen’s death
- COVID-19 in NC: 1,346 new cases reported on Friday
- ‘Catastrophic’ Durham fire was intentionally set, officials say
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now