FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. (WNCN) — Fayetteville Police say a man is now in custody after being barricaded inside a home and engaging in a shootout with officers.
Authorities say officers were responding to a domestic disturbance in the 300 block of Kimberwicke Drive, which is in the Greystone Farms neighborhood. This is in north Fayetteville, east of U.S. 401 and just north of 295.
An armed person was barricaded inside a home.
Upon arrival, officers heard gunshots. The suspect fired shots at officers and officers returned fire, according to police.
No officers were injured.
Authorities say the suspect is being treated for injuries sustained during the incident.
The State Bureau of Investigation is taking over the investigation.
- Fan seriously injured in assault after Luke Bryan concert, Raleigh police say
- Person of interest has ‘key information’ in death of Holly Springs mom, police say
- ‘Stop Celebrating Genocide’: Vandals target Providence Christopher Columbus statue
- Orange juice refills lead to customers assaulting NC IHOP employees, police say
- 7-year-old suffers skull fracture as Cary woman crashes while driving impaired, court docs say
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now