FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. (WNCN) — Two would-be robbers were foiled when they encountered a locked door at a cellphone store last month in Fayetteville.
The incident was reported on July 21 just after 12:05 p.m. at the Boost Mobile in the 900 block of Brighton Road, according to a news release from Fayetteville police.
Two men tried to get into the business, which was just opening up for the day, according to police.
“The suspect’s actions were thwarted by a locked front door and both suspects fled from the area at that time,” the police news release said.
On Saturday, detectives released video and photos from a surveillance system and are asking for the public’s help identifying the suspects.
Anyone with information regarding this attempted robbery or the identity of either suspect is asked to contact Detective R. Southerland with the Fayetteville Police Department at (910) 709-1851 or Fayetteville / Cumberland County Crimestoppers at (910) 483-TIPS (8477).
- World’s largest treehouse burns down in Tennessee
- Salvation Army of Wake County’s Christmas Cheer Program registration starts next week
- Amazon officials show off gigantic new fulfillment center in Garner
- October 23: Perfect Fall Weather!
- 85 evacuated after Goldsboro senior housing building floods
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now