MYRTLE BEACH, S.C. (WBTW) — A North Carolina man drowned in Myrtle Beach Sunday, according to Deputy Coroner Chris Dontell.
According to Dontell, Watonia Owens, 43, of Fayetteville, drowned after going underwater in the area of 14th Ave. North.
Owens was pulled from the water and taken to Grand Strand Regional Medical Center where he died.
The cause of death has been ruled drowning.
- Pfizer’s COVID-19 vaccine low temperature requirement poses challenges
- NC man fired for forgetting doctor’s note after negative COVID-19 test
- Venezuela judge convicts 6 American oil execs, orders prison
- Nash County deputy seriously injured in crash in Rocky Mount, police say
- Woman says mother died following horrific neglect at Charlotte nursing home