RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) — A Cumberland County deputy was arrested in Wake County by the North Carolina State Highway Patrol Saturday morning, officials said.
Tracey Lynn Wheeler-Rogers, 47, of Hope Mills was charged with assault by pointing a gun, according to arrest records.
Lt. Sean Swain with the Cumberland County Sheriff’s Office confirmed Wheeler-Rogers was a deputy with the organization, but he did not have any additional details about her service background.
The arrest happened around 9 a.m. on Interstate 40 at U.S. 70, according to Swain and arrest records. No other details were available.
- Someone’s slashing tires at NC coast, mainly Jeep Wranglers
- Man accused of secretly recording women at Virginia Old Navy, Hobby Lobby
- Child injured in crash on Louisburg Road has ‘improved,’ police say
- USDA rule could cut food stamp benefits for 3.1 million
- Macy’s pulls plates with ‘mom jeans’ and ‘skinny jeans’ portions
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now