CAPE FEAR, N.C. (WNCN) – The Cumberland County Sheriff’s Office is currently investigating a fatal shooting outside Fayetteville, according to Sheriff Ennis Wright.
A shooting occurred on Middle Road near the Cape Fear community, just northeast of Fayetteville, Tuesday night and left at least one person dead, according to tweets from the sheriff.
Authorities closed off the 1300-block of Middle Road for several hours while investigating the fatal shooting, Wright said. The road reopened just after 2:45 a.m. Wednesday.
The sheriff’s office released no further information. Wright tweeted, “More details to follow.”
This story will be updated as it develops.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- ‘Edward Scissorhands’ home in Florida up for sale
- Southwest scaling back on cleanings after flights
- In scathing obit, Texas woman blames Trump, ‘selfish’ people for husband’s COVID-19 death
- Robeson County deputy cited in crash involving his patrol car
- Woman participates in COVID-19 trial so she can hug her grandchildren again
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now