FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. (WNCN) — Homicide detectives are investigating after a person was found dead on Sunday night, police say.
The incident was reported as a possible assault just after 7:50 p.m. in the 400 block of Cumberland Street, according to a news release from Fayetteville police.
“The initial investigation has led to at least one person found deceased near that location,” the release said.
As of 9 p.m., officers and detectives were still at the scene.
Hillsborough Street is closed until further notice, police said Sunday night
Anyone with information regarding this incident is asked to contact Fayetteville Police Department or Fayetteville/Cumberland County Crimestoppers at (910) 483-TIPS (8477).
- Report: Greg Olsen to join Thomas Davis in Panthers ‘dual retirement ceremony’
- ‘It’s not fair’: Rioter who put his feet up in Pelosi’s office complains to judge
- COVID-19 in NC: Daily percent positive plummets to 4.2%, second-lowest on record
- Dr. Fauci among UNC-Chapel Hill’s spring commencement speakers
- NC Board of Dental Examiners gives dentists approval to administer COVID-19 vaccine