FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. (WNCN) — Homicide detectives are investigating after a person was found dead on Sunday night, police say.
The incident was reported as a possible assault just after 7:50 p.m. in the 400 block of Cumberland Street, according to a news release from Fayetteville police.
“The initial investigation has led to at least one person found deceased near that location,” the release said.
As of 9 p.m., officers and detectives were still at the scene.
Hillsborough Street is closed until further notice, police said Sunday night
Anyone with information regarding this incident is asked to contact Fayetteville Police Department or Fayetteville/Cumberland County Crimestoppers at (910) 483-TIPS (8477).
- Biden to formally introduce national security team as official transition begins
- Publix failed to protect employee who died of COVID-19, lawsuit alleges
- National Thanksgiving Turkey pardoning to take place at White House
- Apex Fire Department helps demonstrate how to not fry a turkey
- Dole recalls romaine lettuce in 15 states, including NC, due to E. coli risk, FDA says