FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. (WNCN) — Two people are dead in Fayetteville after a vehicle was driven into a bridge support at the train overpass Sunday morning, police say.
Fayetteville police were dispatched to a single-vehicle crash around 4:54 a.m. at the train overpass on Ramsey Street near Cumberland Street.
Police say a preliminary investigation revealed that a 2013 Chrysler struck a bridge support.
The driver of the vehicle, identified as Maggie Morrison, 54, was pronounced dead at the scene. The passenger in the vehicle, a 15-year-old who has not been identified, was taken to the hospital, but was later pronounced dead, police say.
Ramsey Street is currently closed from the Martin Luther King Jr. Freeway to Cumberland Street while the Fayetteville Police Department’s Traffic Unit conducts an investigation.
Anyone with information regarding this investigation is asked to contact Officer C. Biggerstaff at (910) 751-1382 or Crimestoppers at (910) 483-TIPS (8477).
- Schumer declines to state confidence in Manhattan district attorney Alvin Bragg
- Runway of Dreams Fashion Show at Duke features models with disabilities
- ‘It really was a dream’: Teen’s idea leads to first skate park in downtown Raleigh
- Republican Jewish Coalition leader blasts ‘offensive’ state party tweet, image
- Gwyneth Paltrow ski collision trial brings doctors to stand