EASTOVER, N.C. (WNCN) – An exit closed for a year in Cumberland County is back open to traffic.
The North Carolina Department of Transportation reopened exit 56 along Interstate 95 Business/U.S. Route 301 Monday. It was closed in both directions since October 2018.
Bridges over Dunn Road were replaced with new ones. The NCDOT said the old bridge reached its age limit.
The new bridges are taller, have wider shoulders, and meet current standards.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Durham police department, downtown businesses vandalized following protest
- Retired police captain killed as pawnshop looted
- Gov. Cooper: RNC ‘unlikely’ to happen in Charlotte as organizers want
- Tropical Storm Cristobal forms in Gulf of Mexico
- NC sees COVID-19 hospitalizations jump to highest number amid pandemic
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now