FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. (WNCN) — Fayetteville police said they are investigating after a pedestrian was hit and killed by a vehicle Friday evening.
Police said they responded to a crash involving a pedestrian around 7:07 p.m. The crash happened along Raeford Road near Skibo Road.
The pedestrian, later identified as 80-year-old Jimmy Holifield, died at the scene. The driver, who wasn’t injured, was identified as 61-year-old Clark Hampton. The cause of the crash is being investigated, police said.
Raeford Road between Skibo Road and Revere Street was closed for multiple hours as police investigated the incident.
Anyone with information regarding the traffic crash is asked to contact officers with the Fayetteville Police Department’s Traffic Unit at (910) 433-1807 or Crimestoppers at (910) 483-TIPS (8477).
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Family still searching for man who brutally killed Fayetteville mom 41 years ago
- San Francisco declares local emergency amid coronavirus outbreak
- Former UNC football player on trial for breaking sports agent laws
- 5 teens charged with capital murder in girl’s death in Biloxi
- NC county’s animal shelter says 3 dogs were not living in ‘inhumane conditions’
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now