FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. (WNCN) — Fayetteville police said they are investigating after a pedestrian was hit and killed by a vehicle Friday evening.
Police said they responded to a crash involving a pedestrian around 7:07 p.m. The crash happened along Raeford Road near Skibo Road.
The pedestrian, later identified as 80-year-old Jimmy Holifield, died at the scene. The driver, who wasn’t injured, was identified as 61-year-old Clark Hampton. The cause of the crash is being investigated, police said.
Raeford Road between Skibo Road and Revere Street was closed for multiple hours as police investigated the incident.
Anyone with information regarding the traffic crash is asked to contact officers with the Fayetteville Police Department’s Traffic Unit at (910) 433-1807 or Crimestoppers at (910) 483-TIPS (8477).
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Grandma is gone: Coronavirus keeps kids from older family
- Tokyo organizers pick new date for postponed Olympic Games
- Interactive map: How many coronavirus tests have been conducted in each state?
- Entire Nash County town without power after vehicle crashes into power pole
- Alan Merrill, who wrote ‘I love Rock ‘n’ Roll,’ dies from coronavirus complications
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now