FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. (WNCN) — Fayetteville police are investigating after they say a father shot and killed his son during a dispute Monday morning.
Police say the shooting happened along the 900 block of Isaac Dock Drive. Officers were dispatched to the location around 8:47 a.m.
A preliminary investigation revealed an 80-year-old man shot his son in the chest during a dispute.
The 53-year-old victim died at the scene.
Anyone with information regarding this homicide investigation is asked to contact Detective J. Arnold with the Fayetteville Police Department at (910) 824-9539 or Fayetteville / Cumberland County Crimestoppers at (910) 483-TIPS (8477).
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Chapel Hill police warn of man making unwanted advances on area women
- Road closed in Fayetteville as crews repair sinkhole
- 45-year-old Virginia woman’s death under investigation after receiving J&J vaccine, CDC confirms
- Triangle doctors say putting risk in perspective can ease anxiety for J&J vaccine recipients
- UNC Friday Center continues COVID-19 vaccine doses but pauses for 2nd time on J&J shots