FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. (WNCN) — Fayetteville bounty hunters say they dove in a river to capture a fugitive wanted on multiple sex crimes.
The man, Vinton John Huntley Nation, 30, was wanted on charges that date back to 2016. Nation’s charges include statutory rape, sexual battery, and possession with intent to manufacture, sell and distribute Schedule IV drugs.
According to a Facebook post from BEAST (Bail Enforcement Apprehension & Surveillance Team) Fugitive Recovery made up of Fayetteville-area Army veterans, dove into a river to capture Nation.
“We had to jump in a freezing cold river to get him as he was running from us, but it was definitely worth it,” the Facebook post said.
The bounty hunters thanked other organizations including Bad Boyz Bail bonds, DJ’s Bail Bonds and “all the Agents that had a vital part in the apprehension.”
- Colorful crosswalks not sitting well with some in Durham
- Mitchell’s 15 points, 13 boards lead BC past Albany, 72-51
- Oh, baby! Alabama fire department welcomes seven little ones to first responder family
- Fourth-grader’s UT shirt raises nearly $1 million for anti-bullying group
- Get Better Sleep Chemical Free with The Organic Bedroom
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now