FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. (WNCN) – A Fayetteville car club is sending care packages to troops serving overseas.
Mopars of Fayetteville collected candy, cookies, and games to send to some of their members who are currently deployed to the Middle East.
CBS 17 spoke with the club’s president who said she’s been deployed before so she knows how much items like this are really appreciated.
“A lot of veterans, a lot of active-duty soldiers are a part of the group. The founder is a veteran as well. We just like spending time with each other and giving back helps keep your mind off things that you’ve experienced in the past and having something in commons with people,” said Cureston Brice.
Car club members also take care of other things while the soldiers are deployed, like checking on family members and of course helping with the upkeep of their cars.
If you’d like to help send items to soldiers, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Childress, Wake Forest beat Boston College 80-62
- Motorcyclist dies after crashing into car on I-40 near Jones Sausage Road in Raleigh
- NC man charged with trafficking opioids, meth; bond set at $1 million
- Various groups expected as participants in Virginia gun rights rally on Monday
- Manhunt underway after 2 killed, 5 more injured in shooting at Texas club