FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. (WNCN) – A homeowner shot a man who refused to leave the front of his house Tuesday night, Fayetteville police said.
Officers responded to the 6300 block of Chartley Drive shortly before 11:45 p.m. Tuesday. A man standing at the front door of the home refused to leave. He began to yell and strike the door. The homeowner shot the man through the door, police said.
The 25-year-old man, identified as Malique Charles-Dore, was transported to Cape Fear Valley Medical Center with non-life-threatening injuries. Fayetteville police had already been in the area because of two other disturbance calls related to Charles-Dore.
No other information was released.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Mooney, Gibbs lead Notre Dame to 87-71 win over Miami
- 2 bystanders and 3rd person shot when suspect opens fire inside La. restaurant
- Triangle-area police chiefs, chief justice appear on ‘Law & Order’ panel in Durham
- Man hits other man’s backside, walks out on tab next night, Myrtle Beach police say
- Wendell mom dies in Wake County crash on Ten Ten Road, officials say
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now