FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. (WNCN) – A homeowner shot a man who refused to leave the front of his house Tuesday night, Fayetteville police said.
Officers responded to the 6300 block of Chartley Drive shortly before 11:45 p.m. Tuesday. A man standing at the front door of the home refused to leave. He began to yell and strike the door. The homeowner shot the man through the door, police said.
The 25-year-old man, identified as Malique Charles-Dore, was transported to Cape Fear Valley Medical Center with non-life-threatening injuries. Fayetteville police had already been in the area because of two other disturbance calls related to Charles-Dore.
No other information was released.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Johnston County parents concerned about mold, rot in classroom trailers
- Group to display ‘graphic pictures of aborted children’ in Wake Forest, town says
- How much should employers accommodate pregnant workers? Lawmakers discuss
- NC license plate agency customers question $5 cash notary fee
- Police: 2 suspect break into home, assault man before stealing property
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now