FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. (WNCN) – A section of a major road in Fayetteville reopened Wednesday morning hours after a single-vehicle jump-and-run crash, police said.
Fayetteville police officers responded to a single-vehicle crash involving a utility pole at 2:09 a.m. on Murchison Road at Shaw Road, officials said.
Due to the damage to the pole and utility lines down across the road, the intersection was closed for around five hours until repairs could be made, according to police.
Authorities said they’re unsure if anyone was injured in the crash because anyone inside the vehicle had already fled the scene before officers got there.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Inmate dies while being processed at the Moore County Detention Center
- 3 Wake County buildings requiring COVID-19 screening to enter
- Johnston County consolidating EMS services, forcing 2 longtime providers out
- No one hurt after train hits mini-van broken down on tracks in Goldsboro
- Fire damages businesses in Durham strip mall
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now