FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. (WNCN) – A section of a major road in Fayetteville reopened Wednesday morning hours after a single-vehicle jump-and-run crash, police said.
Fayetteville police officers responded to a single-vehicle crash involving a utility pole at 2:09 a.m. on Murchison Road at Shaw Road, officials said.
Due to the damage to the pole and utility lines down across the road, the intersection was closed for around five hours until repairs could be made, according to police.
Authorities said they’re unsure if anyone was injured in the crash because anyone inside the vehicle had already fled the scene before officers got there.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- ‘Don’t be alarmed’: NC police department tests new blue light policy for patrol vehicles
- Far-right groups becoming more localized in North Carolina
- South Carolina woman charged with murdering husband released from jail on bond
- Widow of congressman-elect who died of COVID-19 complications can run for his seat
- Biden ordering stopgap relief as talks start on big stimulus plan