FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. (WNCN) – Fayetteville police are asking for the public’s help with an investigation after a woman was shot several times early Monday morning, a news release said.
Police responded around 3:30 a.m. Monday to the area of Johnson and Higgins streets. A woman was assaulted at gunpoint then shot several times. She is in stable condition and recovering from her injuries, police said Thursday.
The suspect is described as a light-skinned Black man in his early 30s.
Police ask anyone with information to contact Det. J. Arrington at 910-580-8798 or Crimestoppers at 910-483-TIPS.
No further information was available.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- New Cheetos mac and cheese hitting Walmart shelves this weekend nationwide
- ‘Edward Scissorhands’ home in Florida up for sale
- Southwest scaling back on cleanings after flights
- In scathing obit, Texas woman blames Trump, ‘selfish’ people for husband’s COVID-19 death
- Robeson County deputy cited in crash involving his patrol car
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now