FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. (WNCN) – Fayetteville police are investigating after a man was found dead in the middle of the road Sunday night.
According to police, officers responded to the area of Morganton Road near S.Ingleside Drive at 11:13 p.m. in reference to shots fired in the area.
Once at the scene, officers found a man lying in the roadway unconscious, officials said. He was declared dead a the scene.
The victim’s identity is not being released this time as his next-of-kin has not been notified yet.
Homicide detectives are actively working the case, police said.
Anyone with information regarding this death investigation is asked to contact Detective R.Vernon at (910) 729-2525 or Crimestoppers at (910) 483-TIPS (8477). Crimestoppers information can also be submitted electronically, by visiting http://fay-nccrimestoppers.org and completing the anonymous online tip sheet.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Durham Public Schools puts plan to return to in-person instruction on hold
- High school football kicks off in the Triangle as COVID-19 restrictions set to ease
- ‘Shook the whole building’ – 1.9 magnitude earthquake reported in Sparta
- Controversial Tennessee bill to ban transgender athletes in schools advances
- ‘Canes drop 3rd in a row to Lightning, 3-1