FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. (WNCN) — Fayetteville police are investigating after they say a man was found dead in a parking lot Wednesday.
Police responded to the Family Fare BP located at 2036 Gillespie St. around 8:36 p.m. Upon arrival, officers and medical personnel found a man suffering from gunshot wounds in the parking lot. He died at the scene, a news release said.
Police identified the victim as 30-year-old Apondrea Marshall.
Gillespie Street from Eastern Boulevard to Owen Drive outbound was closed. Owen Drive from Gillespie Street to Dallas Street inbound was also closed. Drivers were urged to avoid the area and use an alternate route, police said.
Detectives with the Fayetteville Police Department’s Homicide Unit are actively investigating the shooting and more information will be released as it becomes available.
Anyone with information regarding this shooting investigation is asked to contact Detective R. Vernon at (910) 729-2525 or Crimestoppers at (910) 483-TIPS (8477).
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Florida taxi driver caught sexually assaulting blind woman in cab, police say
- WATCH: Priceless reaction when Virginia baby hears mother’s voice for first time
- 3 Marines, 1 sailor attacked by coyotes in last 2 weeks at Camp Lejeune
- Officer shot in Louisville walks into roll call the next morning
- Ginsburg is first woman to lie in state at US Capitol
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now