FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. (WNCN) – Fayetteville police are investigating after at a man died in a two-vehicle crash Tuesday morning, according to a news release.
The wreck happened on Raeford Road near Pinewood Terrace, and was reported at about 10 a.m., the release said.
Officials said an SUV was traveling outbound on Raeford Road when it slammed into the back of an 18-wheeler that got stuck in gravel while turning in at a construction site.
According to authorities, an 11-year-old, an infant, and the female adult driver were all transported to the hospital for treatment. An adult passenger was pronounced dead at the scene. Police did not say how significant the injuries are to the three who were hurt in the crash.
Fayetteville police are conducting an investigation and it’s not known at this time if any charges will be filed.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Indiana man admits to pushing toddler down stairs after argument over food, court docs show
- 1 million air passengers reported in a day marks new flying milestone during pandemic
- Counties reaching out to about 10,000 NC voters who need to fix absentee ballot issues
- Wake County fire tanker truck crashes while responding to house fire
- 20-year-old ‘dead’ woman found alive at funeral home later dies at Detroit hospital, family says
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now