FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. (WNCN) – Fayetteville police are investigating after at a man died in a two-vehicle crash Tuesday morning, according to a news release.
The wreck happened on Raeford Road near Pinewood Terrace, and was reported at about 10 a.m., the release said.
Officials said an SUV was traveling outbound on Raeford Road when it slammed into the back of an 18-wheeler that got stuck in gravel while turning in at a construction site.
According to authorities, an 11-year-old, an infant, and the female adult driver were all transported to the hospital for treatment. An adult passenger was pronounced dead at the scene. Police did not say how significant the injuries are to the three who were hurt in the crash.
Fayetteville police are conducting an investigation and it’s not known at this time if any charges will be filed.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- COVID-19 variant found by NC lab could mean trouble for health systems
- 40 Johnston County Public Schools employees receive 1st dose of COVID-19 vaccine
- Trump extends Secret Service protection to 14 family members, reports say
- More than 43,000 sign up for Wake County’s COVID-19 vaccine waitlist
- Registered sex offender arrested on 30 child sex crime charges in Moore County