FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. (WNCN) – Fayetteville police are investigating after at a man died in a two-vehicle crash Tuesday morning, according to a news release.
The wreck happened on Raeford Road near Pinewood Terrace, and was reported at about 10 a.m., the release said.
Officials said an SUV was traveling outbound on Raeford Road when it slammed into the back of an 18-wheeler that got stuck in gravel while turning in at a construction site.
According to authorities, an 11-year-old, an infant, and the female adult driver were all transported to the hospital for treatment. An adult passenger was pronounced dead at the scene. Police did not say how significant the injuries are to the three who were hurt in the crash.
Fayetteville police are conducting an investigation and it’s not known at this time if any charges will be filed.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Aho scored twice to lead Hurricanes past Edmonton, 6-3
- ‘We need some help’ – Raleigh firefighter urges NC lawmakers to pass cancer bill
- Johnston County school board member alleges ‘corruption and deception’ in $8.8M budget shortfall
- VIDEO: 3-year-old girl inside sedan carjacked at NC Walmart
- Fort Bragg access point reopens after ‘security incident’
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now