FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. (WNCN) — Fayetteville police said a 26-year-old woman was shot to death at a home on Dellwood Drive Wednesday morning, according to officials.
Fayetteville police tweeted that officers were dispatched at 12:31 a.m. to a home in the 4100-block of Dellwood Drive in reference to a shooting.
After arriving at the home, police found Brittany Irwin dead at the scene, authorities said. She had been shot multiple times.
Irwin lived on Dellwood Drive, police said.
Police are currently investigating the murder.
No information on a possible suspect or suspects has been released.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Bill would make it a crime to insult a police officer
- Inmate used ‘body cavity’ to bring tiny gun into jail, Missouri officials say
- UNC-Chapel Hill says fall semester goal is ‘full return to in-person instruction’
- Study finds masks, dining rules help curb spread
- Experiment in guaranteed income leads to more work and better health, analysis shows