FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. (WNCN) — Fayetteville police said a 26-year-old woman was shot to death at a home on Dellwood Drive Wednesday morning, according to officials.
Fayetteville police tweeted that officers were dispatched at 12:31 a.m. to a home in the 4100-block of Dellwood Drive in reference to a shooting.
After arriving at the home, police found Brittany Irwin dead at the scene, authorities said. She had been shot multiple times.
Irwin lived on Dellwood Drive, police said.
Police are currently investigating the murder.
No information on a possible suspect or suspects has been released.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Wednesday, November 25th: Thanksgiving Day feast at Rocky Top Catering, Durham holiday events
- Stokes County man wins $1 million from scratch-off ticket
- NC girls become some of the first female Eagle Scouts
- NC woman arrested on multiple charges in connection with fatal hit-and-run
- Supreme Court blocks NY coronavirus limits on houses of worship