FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. (WNCN) — Fayetteville police said a 26-year-old woman was shot to death at a home on Dellwood Drive Wednesday morning, according to officials.
Fayetteville police tweeted that officers were dispatched at 12:31 a.m. to a home in the 4100-block of Dellwood Drive in reference to a shooting.
After arriving at the home, police found Brittany Irwin dead at the scene, authorities said. She had been shot multiple times.
Irwin lived on Dellwood Drive, police said.
Police are currently investigating the murder.
No information on a possible suspect or suspects has been released.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Trump: federal PPE stockpile nearly depleted
- Woman injured in overnight Raleigh apartment fire, two displaced
- Fayetteville residents ask fellow citizens to ‘do their part’ and follow the city’s curfew
- Central NC animal shelters adapting to help animals, pet owners during COVID-19 pandemic
- Coronavirus test kits meant for the UK found to be contaminated with COVID-19
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now