FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. (WNCN) — A Fayetteville police officer needs the public’s help, not for crime-solving purposes, but because he is in need of a kidney transplant.
According to the Fayetteville Police Department’s Twitter handle, Detective Patrick Gaines has been diagnosed with end-stage 5 kidney failure.
Gaines, a veteran of the department, husband and father, has been placed on the kidney transplant list.
“If it is laid on your heart to consider being a living donor PLEASE call the UNC Transplant Center,” the tweet said.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- State officials seek more New Orleans tourism after mayor approves fines up to $500
- $11.5 million in grants awarded to coastal NC for Hurricane Florence damage
- 2 dead after Navy plane crashes in Alabama neighborhood
- NC woman charged with murder after Davison County baby dies following methadone exposure
- 19-year-old killed, 14-year-old injured after shooting in Robeson County
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now