FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. (WNCN) — A Fayetteville police officer needs the public’s help, not for crime-solving purposes, but because he is in need of a kidney transplant.
According to the Fayetteville Police Department’s Twitter handle, Detective Patrick Gaines has been diagnosed with end-stage 5 kidney failure.
Gaines, a veteran of the department, husband and father, has been placed on the kidney transplant list.
“If it is laid on your heart to consider being a living donor PLEASE call the UNC Transplant Center,” the tweet said.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Wilkes scores 19 points as No. 5 Florida St. edges Notre Dame 85-84
- Jairus Hamilton’s career-high 23 lifts Boston College over Va. Tech 61-56
- Trump defenders argue Democrats just want to overturn election
- Duke grad student from China talks about deadly virus outbreak in her country
- Man wounded in shooting in Raleigh neighborhood
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now