FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. (WNCN) — A Fayetteville police officer needs the public’s help, not for crime-solving purposes, but because he is in need of a kidney transplant.
According to the Fayetteville Police Department’s Twitter handle, Detective Patrick Gaines has been diagnosed with end-stage 5 kidney failure.
Gaines, a veteran of the department, husband and father, has been placed on the kidney transplant list.
“If it is laid on your heart to consider being a living donor PLEASE call the UNC Transplant Center,” the tweet said.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Violence mars Portland protests, frustrates Black community
- Boy killed, girl injured among 4 victims in Alabama mall shooting
- Girl and woman among 5 dead after SUV crosses median on SC interstate
- 5 dead, 3 others seriously injured in crash along NC interstate
- Police arrest man they say posted neo-Nazi, white supremacist stickers in Virginia
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now