FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. (WNCN) — Fayetteville police are looking for an “armed and dangerous” man wanted on multiple sex crime charges involving a pre-teen child, according to a press release.
Detectives are searching for 30-year-old Desmond D. Newton. He is charged with two counts of statutory sex offense by an adult, two counts of indecent liberties with a minor, and two counts of crimes against nature.
Police said in the press release that Newton’s victim is a 10-year-old child and the crimes occurred sometime this month. The victim and Newton are known to one another, police said.
Newton should be considered armed and dangerous and anyone with any information regarding where he might be is encouraged to call 911 immediately.
The crimes occurred during January of 2020 with a ten (10) year old juvenile victim. The victim and suspect are known to one another.
Anyone with information regarding the whereabouts of Newton is asked to call 911 or Crimestoppers at (910) 483-TIPS (8477). Crimestoppers information can also be submitted electronically, by visiting http://fay-nccrimestoppers.org and completing the anonymous online tip sheet.
- ‘I didn’t mean to startle anyone’: Video shows arrest of man found with guns, ammo in Chicago hotel
- ‘Oh my God!’: Kiefer earns 3rd American fencing gold ever
- US basketball loses to France, 25-game Olympic win streak ends
- Russians top Biles, Americans in gymnastics qualifying
- History made: Anastasija Zolotic becomes first Team USA woman to win taekwondo gold