FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. (WNCN) — Fayetteville police are looking for an “armed and dangerous” man wanted on multiple sex crime charges involving a pre-teen child, according to a press release.
Detectives are searching for 30-year-old Desmond D. Newton. He is charged with two counts of statutory sex offense by an adult, two counts of indecent liberties with a minor, and two counts of crimes against nature.
Police said in the press release that Newton’s victim is a 10-year-old child and the crimes occurred sometime this month. The victim and Newton are known to one another, police said.
Newton should be considered armed and dangerous and anyone with any information regarding where he might be is encouraged to call 911 immediately.
The crimes occurred during January of 2020 with a ten (10) year old juvenile victim. The victim and suspect are known to one another.
Anyone with information regarding the whereabouts of Newton is asked to call 911 or Crimestoppers at (910) 483-TIPS (8477). Crimestoppers information can also be submitted electronically, by visiting http://fay-nccrimestoppers.org and completing the anonymous online tip sheet.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Durham County sheriff’s lieutenant died from COVID-19 complications, death certificate shows
- ‘Worth the wait’: Family’s dreams come true due to record 27-year frozen embryo birth
- Westbound lanes of I-40 at U.S. 70 closed due to crash
- Apex police ask for help locating 26-year-old woman last seen Nov. 25
- COVID-19 in NC: Hospitalizations top 2,000 for first time as percent positive hits 10%