FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. (WNCN) — Police say both children have been safely located by law enforcement in South Carolina.
The children are in the process of being reunited with their grandmother.
Fayetteville police are searching for a woman they say abducted her two children after losing custody of them in Florida.
Police were dispatched to the 1100 block of Sleepy Hollow Drive in reference to a parental abduction.
A preliminary investigation revealed that Deanne Brooks, 33, took her son, Hezekiah Taylor, 8 and her daughter, Jaaliya Taylor, 4, after losing custody of them in Florida.
Hezekiah was last seen wearing red pants and a white shirt. Jaaliya was last seen wearing pink pants and pink shirt.
Brooks was last seen driving an older, burgundy sport utility vehicle and is believed to be headed back to Palm Bay, Florida. An Amber Alert is pending for both children.
Anyone with information regarding this child abduction investigation is asked to contact 911 immediately, or Crimestoppers at (910) 483-TIPS (8477). Crimestoppers information can also be submitted electronically, by visiting http://fay-nccrimestoppers.org and completing the anonymous online tip sheet, or by downloading the FREE “P3 Tips” app available for Apple devices in the Apple App Store and available for Android devices in Google Play.
- Sherri Shepherd encourages women to take control of their heart health, know their numbers
- Mom killed her 2 children with meat cleaver, Arizona police say
- More NC gas stations getting fuel, but state still last in supplies amid crisis
- Blood-covered 4-year-old boy found slain in street; man arrested, Dallas police say
- VIDEO: 22 riders stuck 20 feet off ground on roller coaster in Arizona