FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. (WNCN) – Fayetteville police are asking for help finding a man charged with a June 26 murder, according to a Friday news release.
Marcus A. Guion, 30, is charged with first-degree murder, robbery with a deadly weapon, and felony conspiracy. He is considered armed and dangerous, police said.
“Detectives are encouraging Guion to surrender peacefully to authorities,” the release said. Anyone with information is asked to call 911 immediately.
Michael S. Beale, 48, was found shot along the 2100 block of Henry Street at approximately 11:33 p.m. on June 26. He was taken to Cape Fear Valley Medical Center where he died from his injuries, an earlier release said.
“It does not appear to have been a random act of violence,” police said. The investigation is ongoing.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Clayton’s football coach resigns amid turmoil at school
- Program will reimburse Cumberland County teachers for classroom materials
- Officials: Armed intruder reported on Louisiana State campus
- UNO shocks everyone with a rule clarification
- Here’s why more people are investing in RVs
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now