FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. (WNCN) – A recent report says Fayetteville ranks No. 12 among the top 100 U.S. cities with the highest rate of sexually transmitted diseases.
The study was published by Innerbody.com, a website that provides medical testing and wellness information, and the rankings were based on October 2019 data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, according to Innerbody.com.
For its “Top 100 Rankings,” the website chose to only include city metro areas with an estimated population of 150,000 or more, and took into account CDC data on HIV, syphilis, gonorrhea and chlamydia.
The study reported that Fayetteville has 1,559 STD cases per 100,000 population.
That breaks down to 3,646 chlamydia cases, 1,486 gonorrhea cases and 49 syphilis cases among 332,330 metro-area residents, according to Innerbody.com. HIV cases were listed as “N/A”.
- VIDEO: Crowds cram into water at massive pool party
- More Triangle churches hold indoor services as Phase 2 reopening continues
- Fans pack stands at reopening of NC speedway after sheriff said he would not interfere
- Flooding seen in Cary, Raleigh after heavy thunderstorms pass through
- 1 dead, 8 wounded in 2 shootouts and 2 shootings in Charlotte in just 2 hours
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now