FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. (WNCN) – A single mother in Fayetteville has garnered a ton of attention on social media for having taught her daughter, who has cerebral palsy, how to walk.
The video with Shanell Jones and her daughter Kinley has been viewed more than a million times since the beginning of the year.
“I’ve always been the type of person to prove somebody wrong, and she has it in her to do the same thing,” Jones said. “That was just No. 1 on my list, priority. No matter what, she’s going to walk.”
Kinley also has epilepsy. Jones posted videos of Kinley’s progression in learning to walk. She said she didn’t expect the videos to take off. She said some have reached out to say they’ve given them hope.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Facebook, citing coronavirus misinformation, deletes Trump post
- Nearly all Wayne County schools returning under full remote instruction
- North Carolina’s history with women’s suffrage on the 100th anniversary of the 19th Amendment
- UNC students concerned after video surfaces of crowded sorority rush party
- Hoke County students recap first day back at school under COVID-19 restrictions
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now