FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. (WNCN) – A single mother in Fayetteville has garnered a ton of attention on social media for having taught her daughter, who has cerebral palsy, how to walk.
The video with Shanell Jones and her daughter Kinley has been viewed more than a million times since the beginning of the year.
“I’ve always been the type of person to prove somebody wrong, and she has it in her to do the same thing,” Jones said. “That was just No. 1 on my list, priority. No matter what, she’s going to walk.”
Kinley also has epilepsy. Jones posted videos of Kinley’s progression in learning to walk. She said she didn’t expect the videos to take off. She said some have reached out to say they’ve given them hope.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- At least five displaced, one injured in Durham boarding house fire
- Track coach remembers NC teen killed in hit-and-run as star athlete
- Virginia’s highest court upholds weapons ban at gun rally
- Carolina drops OT decision to Anaheim for 3rd straight loss
- Cary bicyclist wants to thank others who helped when he fell and broke hip
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now