FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. (WNCN) – Walgreens on Skibo Road near Yadkin Road was evacuated shortly after 9 a.m. this morning due to a reported gas leak.
When firefighters arrived on scene, they located a small gas leak outside the business at the gas meter.
Firefighters turned off the gas and stopped the leak.
Hazmat monitored the air to make sure there was no gas inside the business.
Walgreens was evacuated for approximately for 30 minutes.
The business has since been turned over to Piedmont Gas for repairs.
There were no injuries.