FORT BRAGG, N.C. — A Fort Bragg paratrooper was found dead in his room, according to a news release.
On Wednesday, 24-year-old Spc. Terrance Salazar, of Pleasanton, Texas, was found in his room unresponsive. Fellow paratroopers called emergency services.
Medical personnel declared Salazar dead.
Fort Bragg said the cause of death is under investigation but foul play is not suspected.
He was an infantryman assigned to 1st Battalion, 325th Airborne Infantry Regiment, 2nd Brigade Combat Team.
Salazar entered the U.S. Army in April 2018. He arrived at Fort Bragg that October.
His awards and decorations include the National Defense Service Medal, Army Service Ribbon and the Army Parachutist Badge.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Wednesday, December 2nd: Live music by Jay James, Jolly Raleigh scavenger hunt clue #2
- Black and Blue Kickoff Live: After devastating Panthers loss, conversation still swirls on who is to blame
- City finds 40 Housing Code violations at Durham apartments
- Local artist Jay James rocks out to ‘Watch The Leaves’
- Mental Wellness Wednesday: Start reconnecting with others using these simple steps