WASHINGTON, D.C. (WCMH) — Amy Williams, a mother of a 6-year-old and 3-year-old, lives in Fort Bragg.
Her husband, Sgt. 1st Class Towsend Williams, left seven months ago for Afghanistan, his fourth deployment to the Middle East.
“War places a heavy burden on our nation’s military families,” President Trump said during his State of the Union address Tuesday night.
Much to Amy’s surprise, Towsend surprised her and their children by entering the gallery and reuniting with his family during Trump’s speech.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Sen. Bernie Sanders heads back to NC ahead of Super Tuesday
- Gibbs scores with 0.1 seconds left, Irish beat BC 62-61
- Hughes scores 25, Syracuse blows out Pittsburgh 72-49
- Clark’s 3-pointer lifts Virginia past Virginia Tech, 56-53
- House passes bill to make lynching a federal crime, 65 years after death of Emmett Till
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now