FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. (WNCN) — Fayetteville police are looking for individuals responsible for a hit-and-run crash that resulted in shots being fired at a victim on Wednesday.
Police say around 4:16 p.m.were dispatched to the scene of a hit-and-run collision.
A preliminary investigation revealed that a victim driving a 2015 Hyundai Tucson was rear-ended by a dark color Ford sedan occupied by three men.
After the collision, the suspect fled the scene and was followed by the victim.
Police say one of the occupants of the suspect vehicle began firing shots toward the victim’s vehicle.
The crash occurred on Murchison Road, while the shooting occurred on Helen Street, police say.
The victim’s front windshield was struck, and glass struck the victim causing minor lacerations to his head. The suspect vehicle then fled the scene.
The victim was treated on scene for minor injuries.
Anyone with information regarding this shooting investigation is asked to contact Detective B. Pleze at (910) 676-2596 or Crimestoppers at (910) 483-TIPS (8477).
- In scathing obit, Texas woman blames Trump, ‘selfish’ people for husband’s COVID-19 death
- Robeson County deputy cited in crash involving his patrol car
- Woman participates in COVID-19 trial so she can hug her grandchildren again
- Los Angeles mayor OKs shutting off water, power to combat house parties, other gatherings
- Chapel Hill PD taking calls, but not enforcing CDC/state COVID-19 guidelines
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now