FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. (WNCN) – A shooting in January was ruled a homicide, and now Fayetteville police are asking for the public’s help.
On Jan. 30, 35-year-old Marcus Bridges was shot in the arm shortly after midnight at Phat Daddy’s Sports Bar and Grill, which is located at 3406 Raeford Rd., a news release said.
Bridges was treated and released from the hospital. Then, on Feb. 11, he was found dead. A medical examiner has since determined the cause of death was related to the shooting, leading it to be ruled a homicide, police said.
Detectives would like to speak with anyone who was at the restaurant when Bridges was shot on Jan. 30. Anyone with information can contact Detective Arnold at 910-824-9539, or Crimestoppers at 910-483-TIPS.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Families of those slain in Durham gather to seek end to gun violence
- Amber Alert canceled: Suspect arrested, 2 girls found safe after 2 boys discovered dead
- No. 3 Notre Dame rides big plays to 45-3 win over Pitt
- Wake Forest upsets No. 19 Virginia Tech 23-16
- VIDEO: Rock star Jon Bon Jovi performs ahead of Biden at rally in Pennsylvania