RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) – Cumberland County and eastern Hoke County are in a severe thunderstorm warning until 11:30 p.m. Monday, according to a National Weather Service alert.
The warning, issued at 10:30 p.m., said a severe thunderstorm was located near Raeford. It was moving east at 25 mph.
The storm is capable of producing 60 mph gusts and penny-sized hail, the alert said.
“Expect damage to roofs, siding, and trees,” the NWS said. “Straight line winds can blow down trees, power lines, and damage mobile homes and other buildings. Seek shelter in a sturdy structure until the storm has passed.”
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Woman sells baked goods to pay the bills; business takes off
- Virginia college student drank alcohol, was blindfolded and hit head on tree before death, cousin says
- DEA, TSA seize cash from air travelers not suspected of crimes, lawsuit says
- NC deputies investigate shooting along highway, 1 person taken to hospital
- Watch the skies: Mars, Pleiades star cluster pair up very closely