FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. (WNCN) — People who damaged and set fire the Market House in downtown Fayetteville Saturday later moved to Cross Creek Mall where at least one store was looted.
The crowds left the Market House around 10 p.m. after windows were broken there and a fire was set, causing interior damage.
Dozens of people gathered in the Cross Creek Mall parking lot. Some people broke into JCPenney and swiped items before police arrived.
After several minutes police arrived and the looting subsided. However, dozens of people and their vehicles were still in the parking lot.
It’s unclear if anyone was arrested.
- NC State hurricane experts studying how future storms will impact NC roads, infrastructure
- Tainted burrito led to 4-year ban, record-holding runner says
- Intelligence report warns of more violence by QAnon followers
- Southwest Airlines flights briefly grounded due to ‘technical issue’
- Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene apologizes for comparing safety masks to the Holocaust