FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. (WNCN) — People who damaged and set fire the Market House in downtown Fayetteville Saturday later moved to Cross Creek Mall where at least one store was looted.
The crowds left the Market House around 10 p.m. after windows were broken there and a fire was set, causing interior damage.
Dozens of people gathered in the Cross Creek Mall parking lot. Some people broke into JCPenney and swiped items before police arrived.
After several minutes police arrived and the looting subsided. However, dozens of people and their vehicles were still in the parking lot.
It’s unclear if anyone was arrested.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Durham County Public Schools holds virtual town hall, Cumberland schools approve plan
- NC officials say protests did not lead to spike in COVID-19 cases
- Doctors note new COVID-19 symptoms in young adults
- Pentagon officials: Investigation into removal of protesters near White House almost done
- Families alarmed by gunshots near youth baseball game in Goldsboro