FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. (WNCN) — People who damaged and set fire the Market House in downtown Fayetteville Saturday later moved to Cross Creek Mall where at least one store was looted.
The crowds left the Market House around 10 p.m. after windows were broken there and a fire was set, causing interior damage.
Dozens of people gathered in the Cross Creek Mall parking lot. Some people broke into JCPenney and swiped items before police arrived.
After several minutes police arrived and the looting subsided. However, dozens of people and their vehicles were still in the parking lot.
It’s unclear if anyone was arrested.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- VDH confirms first child death due to COVID-19 is teen in the Southside Health District
- Foot Locker turning U.S. stores into temporary voter registration sites
- 2 groups exchanged gunfire outside North Carolina day care, police say
- North Carolina Marine – the oldest living – celebrates 107th birthday
- Garner chief: Police chase of stolen vehicle ends when it crashes into Raleigh house