FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. (WNCN) — People who damaged and set fire the Market House in downtown Fayetteville Saturday later moved to Cross Creek Mall where at least one store was looted.
The crowds left the Market House around 10 p.m. after windows were broken there and a fire was set, causing interior damage.
Dozens of people gathered in the Cross Creek Mall parking lot. Some people broke into JCPenney and swiped items before police arrived.
After several minutes police arrived and the looting subsided. However, dozens of people and their vehicles were still in the parking lot.
It’s unclear if anyone was arrested.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Lawmakers introduce bills to ban transgender girls from high school teams, but can’t cite local examples
- NCDHHS: Most long-term care facilities can resume indoor visitation due to drop in COVID-19 cases
- CBS 17 Job Alert – Moore Research and Chubby’s Tacos
- ‘I-5 Strangler’ found strangled to death in California prison cell
- Charlotte police ask for help identifying brazen jewelry store thieves