FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. (WNCN) – A major road in Fayetteville will be closed this weekend due to work on the Outer Loop, according to North Carolina Department of Transportation officials.
A state transportation contractor will need to temporarily close Raeford Road as part of the Fayetteville Outer Loop construction, the NCDOT announced.
The contractor working on the road will set steel girders around 300 feet long over Raeford Road that will then be used for the N.C. 295 interchange that is currently under construction. The road will need to be closed in both directions just west of the traffic lights at the Fayetteville VA Health Center entranced, the NCDOT said.
The closure will begin at 8 p.m. Friday and end by 5 a.m. Monday.
The NCDOT has established a 10-mile signed detour along Skibo and Cliffdale roads in order to let motorists know about the closure.
The section of the Outer Loop that is being worked on this weekend is expected to open by this fall.
You can learn more about the Fayetteville Outer Loop by clicking here.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Man builds, donates giant Nintendo Switch
- CAUGHT ON CAMERA: Child body-slammed while attempting to carjack man at gunpoint
- New iPad, iMac expected at Apple online event, with hint at AirPods 3
- CBS 17 Job Alert – Fort Bragg Area Military Virtual Career Fair
- ‘Boom!’ NC couple warning homeowners about exploding glass shower doors