FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. (WNCN) — A man died after a shooting during a “domestic disturbance” at a home in Fayetteville Sunday, police said.
The incident was reported as a shooting just before 1:20 p.m. along the 4200 block of Colby Court, according to a news release from Fayetteville police.
“The preliminary investigation revealed there was a domestic disturbance involving two subjects at the residence,” the news release said.
The victim was taken to a nearby hospital, but he later died, police said.
On Monday, police identified the victim as James Robert Hailey, 27, of Fayetteville. Hailey lived down the street on Colby Court, police said.
Homicide detectives are investigating the shooting.
Anyone with information regarding this investigation is asked to contact Detective Caldwell at (910) 366-5853 or Crimestoppers at (910) 483-TIPS (8477).
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- 22-year-old charged with girlfriend’s murder in West Knoxville shooting
- 1 dead in motorcycle crash along S. Saunders St. near I-40 in Raleigh, police say
- Vendors grateful for opportunity presented by NC State Fair food event
- Triangle law enforcement issuing very few citations as COVID-19 cases continue to increase
- Pregnant ESPN reporter fires back after ‘troll’ tries to body-shame her
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now