FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. (WNCN) — A man was found shot to death outside a home in Fayetteville on Thursday morning, police said.
Officers responded to the 200-block of Davis Street in reference “to reports of a subject on the ground not moving on the property of a residence in that area,” according to officials.
Once officers arrived on scene, they found a man with apparent gunshot wounds. The man was unresponsive and medical personnel responded to the scene and confirmed the man was dead.
The police department’s homicide unit is investigating the shooting.
No further information is available at this time.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Tepper says no decision yet on future of QB Cam Newton
- Franklin County animal advocates take concerns about shelter to commissioners
- Interim chancellor: Report detailing UNC’s crime response, reporting is ‘extremely concerning’
- NC receiving funds to elevate I-95 after repeated flooding
- Habitual felon escapes prison work release assignment in Durham
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now