FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. (WNCN) — A man was found shot to death outside a home in Fayetteville on Thursday morning, police said.
Officers responded to the 200-block of Davis Street in reference “to reports of a subject on the ground not moving on the property of a residence in that area,” according to officials.
Once officers arrived on scene, they found a man with apparent gunshot wounds. The man was unresponsive and medical personnel responded to the scene and confirmed the man was dead.
The police department’s homicide unit is investigating the shooting.
No further information is available at this time.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- NC mom says Scarowinds is ‘unsafe’ after 3 fights break out in park
- Camp Lejeune service member, woman charged with LSD trafficking
- Raleigh police investigating after man shot at residence
- Group forms human chain to free stranded dolphins in Florida
- Johnston County interim superintendent addresses concerns of parents, students
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now