FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. (WNCN) — A man was critically injured in a single-vehicle crash on Friday morning in Fayetteville, police said.
According to authorities, officers responded to a single-vehicle crash at 12:08 a.m. on Robeson Street near Whitfield Street. Once on scene, they saw a 2010 Nissan Altima that had struck a utility pole and then flipped off the road.
When officers went to check the vehicle they found a man inside the car with severe injuries. He was transported to Cape Fear Valley Medical Center where he is listed in critical condition.
The identity of the driver is being withheld and additional information will be released as it becomes available, police said.
Anyone with information on the crash is asked to contact Lt. D. Holloway at (910) 723-2362 or Crimestoppers at (910) 483-TIPS (8477). Crimestoppers information can also be submitted electronically, by visiting http://fay-nccrimestoppers.org and completing the anonymous online tip sheet.
Latest news on CBS17.com:
- Man mauled after paying for ‘full-contact’ leopard experience in Florida
- Some NC voters say they support November 12 absentee deadline
- 22-month-old NC boy shot while in minivan
- 8-year-old girl dies after being shot while doing homework
- Lil Wayne gets backlash after showing support for Trump
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News appfor free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now