FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. (WNCN) – A man was killed in a shooting outside a Fayetteville convenience store Tuesday night, police said.
Officers responded to the Quick ‘n Go Tobacco Store, located along the 5300-block of Murchison Road, just after 9:20 p.m. Tuesday. Police found a man in the parking lot suffering from multiple gunshot wounds, a news release said.
The man was taken to the hospital where he later died.
Police identified the victim Wednesday morning as Dajuan McDonald, 25, of Fayetteville.
Police said the shooting doesn’t appear to be random and that there was a “disturbance” just before it happened. Officials said the store clerk was not involved in the incident.
The shooting was not related to a trend of violent robberies that Fayetteville police held a press conference about earlier Tuesday, the release said.
Anyone with information regarding this homicide investigation is asked to contact Detective Nevitt at (910) 703-3499 or Crimestoppers at (910) 483-TIPS (8477). Crimestoppers information can also be submitted electronically, by visiting http://fay-nccrimestoppers.org and completing the anonymous online tip sheet.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- SC woman sentenced after DUI crash that killed her 3-year-old daughter
- 100+ march in downtown Raleigh to support transgender rights
- Wake County eliminates waitlist for COVID-19 vaccine amid steady supply of doses
- Myrtle Beach man watched kids steal golf cart, laughed instead of stopping them, police say
- New amusement park brings jobs, growth to Myrtle Beach; expected to open May 3